Monday, September 10, 2007

Typing Hangul

Since there are no reliable speech recognition software for Korean language, typing Hangul is painfully slower than alphabet. The only option I have is to launch an use 'on-screen keyboard'. There are various on-screen keyboards in the market but the one that I like the most is "Clickey" which allows both alphabet and Hangul. With Clickey on the screen, I can use either Integramouse or HeadMouse Extreme to click letter by letter. I know it's painful but there is no graceful way as far as I can see. If there is somebody reading this blog who knows a better way, I really like to speak to that person.

I believe Clickey was made by Korean and I am very thankful to that person or organization. The web page where you can download the products for free is: http://jj21.org. In Windows XP, for instance, there is an on-screen keyboard but it does not seem to support Hangul. In Windows Vista,Hangul is supported but I like Clickey much better. There is some glitch when toggling between alphabet and Hangul but one can live with it. Again I would like to thank the makers of Clickey.

2 comments:

Mr. KONG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr. KONG said...

Hi, Prof. LEE
Recently, I'm reading your book.
I found your bolg address in the book. So I try visit your blog.
I learn to thanks for everithing when I read your story.
I hope that you are happy everytime.
Thank you.

Mr.KONG